Teddy Bear Picnic
The popular song goes,
If you go down to the woods today, you're sure of a big surprise... for every bear that ever there was, will gather there for certain, because today's the day the teddy bears picnic.
A well thought of picnic can be a a magical way to spend a summer's afternoon. But what goes into creating the perfect picnic? Below we have compiled our tops tips to follow in order to create a truly memorable picnic.
1. Location, location, location - Living in London is a blessing when it comes to finding a location for a teddy bears picnic. There are countless green and open spaces to accommodate any picnic requirement. Our personal favourite has to be Greenwhich Park. Its worth it if for nothing else but the views across London which is stunning and make for the perfect backdrop to a summer's picnic. There is plenty to see and do within the grounds of the park - a visit to the planetarium, walking through the university grounds or walking down to the Cutty Sark.
2. Food, glorious food - Good food can bring people together so make sure your teddy bears picnic hamper is stocked with enough food to satisfy even the most demanding foodie. Our picnic menu includes the following options. We spoke to the Torie from Chilli and Mint for her suggestions.
A healthy salad of roasted sweet potato, avocado, rocket, white bean, fresh oregano and lemon juice. A selection of summer sandwiches. For dessert the classic scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam. Macaroons always add a shot of colour to any hamper. To drink, champagne is always the first option, pimms, and most importantly water. You have to keep yourself hydrated on a hot day. Look out for an ice cream truck nearby as they can melt if you pack it as part of your hamper.
3. Entertainment - Make sure you have a few board games along with you to keep everyone entertained especially if there's a big group of people. If you're feeling a little more adventurous then a portable badminton court makes for a fun filled game of rotation badminton.
4. Comfort - Sitting on the ground for a long period of time can get slightly uncomfortable so pack wisely! You can take deck chairs to recline on. Also picnic blankets to spread out on and a few cushions will make the day more comfortable with your teddy bears!
5. Company - You've found the perfect location for the teddy bears picnic, the food and drinks looks tantalisingly delicious and there's enough games to keep everyone entertained. Perhaps the most crucial part to the success of a picnic is the people you invite. It is important to have people who enjoy each other's company.